Venue: Shane’s Castle, Antrim
Price: £10 Per Adult or £5 Per Child (ages 5-15)
THE 40th ANNIVERSARY ALL IRELAND GAME FAIR
including major FINE FOOD & DRINKS and LIVING HISTORY FESTIVALS
Shanes Castle, Antrim, 23rd & 24th June 2018
10.00am – 5.30 pm each day
In 2018, for one year only, it has been decided to combine our ROI and NI Fairs into one huge celebratory event to celebrate 40 years of Irish Game Fairs.
It is planned that, with your help, we can deliver the largest Irish Game Fair EVER and a REAL SHOWCASE to PROMOTE & DEFEND IRISH COUNTRYSPORTS and the RURAL WAY of LIFE.
We have given special admission rates to ROI visitors of just €5 and FREE admission to UK visitors and all facets of the event have been enhanced. We already have booked several new attractions including:
- Hosting the Irish awards of the Delicious Fine Food magazine awards and kitchen( 700,000 facebook followers).
- The hosting of the making of a BBC programme and possibly two programmes.
- The visit of Fieldsports Channel TV with a stand and to make a programme for their worldwide audience
- The making of a Game Fair & Fine Food Festival programme by Image Media Films and the making of a BBC programme around the event.
- A superb range of competitions with an unrivalled prize fund including very special ‘rub’ enhanced 40th anniversary trophies to be won outright
- The largest number of trade stands including several new ones including a gunsmithing/gun fitting stand.
- All facets of the fair enhanced including the best prize structure; the best Fine Food Festival ; the largest Living History Festival and the best range of arena attractions.
When the members of the organising team launched the first major Irish Game Fair in 1978 their objectives included promoting the importance of countrysports, farming and conservation interests working together for the preservation of the Irish countryside and the rural way of life.
Over forty years on that objective is, if anything more relevant, as the whole rural way of life if not threatened with government legislation or interference with tradition, is threatened with habitat destruction. There is the need for a strong unified voice to promote balance within the countryside amongst land users such as farming, building, country sports, conservation and tourism interests.
You can help demonstrate the support for Irish country sports through your attendance to make the event at Shane’s Castle on the 23rd & 24th June the largest gathering of country sports enthusiasts ever seen in Ireland.
Find more information at: Irish Game Fair