In November 1944 Landford Lodge, Cluntoe and Toome aerodromes were vacated by the USAAF who moved to the southeast of England most probably in preparation for the final push in Europe. Cluntoe lay abandoned until 1952 when it reopened as No. 2 Flying Training School for the RAF. The runway and buildings were restored to use. However this was short lived as it closed once again in May 1954. The arable land was rented out to farmers as tillage and merchants leased to local merchant to store grain. Langford Lodge was retained for experimental work and storage when the RAF resumed control in March 1946. It reopened as the No 5 Air Navigation School in 1952 but closed down the following year. The aerodrome was purchased in 1958 by the Martin-Baker Company as a facility company’s aircraft ejection seat venture.
Between June 1945 and March 1947, Toome became a Maintenance Unit for equipment storage. While the runways were resurfaced in 1953 they were not used and the site was closed in 1954, only for it to be then used by the Royal Navy for aircraft turret repairs until 1959. Finally the aerodrome was sold off in 1961.
Remnants of the airfields are still visible at both Toome and Cluntoe, with some buildings still extant though most in need of repair. Despite the fact that much of both Toome and Cluntoe airfields are now in private ownership it still possible to trace the design of the runways and dispersals on modern Ordnance Survey maps.